Thursday 3 January 2013

Rabbit Drawings

I want the rabbits on my homepage to look more realistic than silly and cartoon like so I keep the professional look rather than the child's comic look. I've been researching famous rabbit characters to try and get an idea of what I want for my website.
I don't want a funny cartoon character like bugs bunny on my website because it's too childish and fun for the  professional look I'm going for. I know to stay away from exaggerated features, big cheesy grins, cold colours and dramatic poses.

The White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland is more like what I want. I want a realistic looking rabbit but with a slight fun element which can be portrayed by the rabbit wearing clothes or acting like human in some other way. My rabbits need personality without being too out there like bugs bunny.

Finally I looked at the illustrations of Peter Rabbit and even though this character was created for a children's book, I think it's subtle human like features and realistic fur and look would fit perfectly into a professional world.



These are my rabbit drawings. My intention was to have them interacting with the categories of images on my homepage.





No comments:

Post a Comment