Wednesday 2 January 2013

Homepage Designs

I want a homepage that's minimal but not boring yet hold enough information for the viewer to know what the website is about. I want my personality to shine through the design without making my site too much about me. It needs to focus on photography and my work but still have less serious elements which capture my less that serious attitude.
This was my first idea for a homepage layout. The drawing isn't finished, it was just used to give me a slight idea of what it would look like. It shows two rabbits 'holding' the photo frames which will be the buttons to take the viewer to certain pages holding different categories of my work. 

This is another idea I had. I thought it would be a good idea to split my site in half, one side (the left) showing the more serious categories of work that I've done for example 'Community' and the other side showing the less serious and more fine art types of work I've done such as 'Cyborg'.

All of the layouts I design all have a similar structure.


This one is the developed and final idea. I will have 4 categories of work shown on the homepage, each shown in the center as a clickable image from that category within the shape of a curved edged portrait rectangle. There will be 3 rabbits on this page, each in some way interacting with the buttons. I want an almost white grey background colour with the title bar along the top and the navigation bar along the bottom being slightly darker then the writing within these bars in an even darker grey than that. I don't think the rabbits take away from the photography side of my site, I think they're subtle enough to just add something rather than take anything away. I think the rabbits add a fun and slightly less serious side whilst still looking professional and make sense for what I'm trying to achieve.





No comments:

Post a Comment